CU GOLD STUDENT LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE In February, CU GOLD will be hosting our fourth annual student leadership conference.
This is a great opportunity to enhance their leadership skills!
The theme for our conference this year is Inner Growth with an Outward Focus.
It is on Saturday, February 4th from 9:00am-3:00pm in UMC 235. The conference will consist of a keynote speaker, 4 different breakout sessions, and a networking lunch.
Registration is $10 for CU Students, which can be found at http://umc.colorado.edu/studentlife/cugold/leadershipconf
Environment for the Americas has a part-time, temporary employment opportunity. Attached is the job description and information about our organization.
Please forward to people who may be interested in applying.
Have a great weekend!
Diversity Outreach Coordinator
Environment for the Americas
Home of International Migratory Bird Day
2129 13th Street
Boulder, Colorado 80302
Best of luck finishing up the semester & with your finals! Enjoy your long break!
You may find yourself being asked ‘what are you going to do next summer?’ ‘What are you going to do when you graduate?’ ‘What are you going to major in’ as you see friends and family over the break. And, you may not be sure HOW to answer those questions. Since the semester keeps you busy, break can be a GREAT time to work on your career goals!
Here are some ideas to get you started over break:
- Explore your area of interest!
- Talk with friends and family to see if they know about any organizations or opportunities that match your interests, experience, and skills (for jobs, internships, volunteer experience)
- Meet with a career counselor. We are here during break too! (see below for instructions)
- Write and/or update your resume. This way, it will be ready to send out and ready to give to potential employers.
- Sign up on CSO, if you are not already on there. We have tons of internships and job postings.
- To assist with your resume, you may want to attend events in January:
1. Resume writing workshop on Jan 18, 6:00 PM, E303 in library
2. Resume critiques with employers on January 23, 2-4 PM in UMC 235
3. Recruiters Tell All where a panel of recruiters discuss the entire job search process on Jan 24, 4:00-5:30 PM, C4C S350
- Get prepared for the career fair on Wednesday, Jan 25! (9:00 AM – 3:00 PM, UMC)
- Review this tips sheet on career fairs.
- Research the companies of interest on CSO so you are prepared.
- As A&S science majors, you have a lot to offer employers, including the top five skills employers seek in job candidates. Be sure to discuss your experience and skills, and how those may fit with the company.
- Find other ways to find a job, besides websites and CSO.
- Again, feel free to make an appointment to discuss job searching strategies in more depth.
- Set up a LinkedIn account! In fact, start thinking about your social media and online presence in general. We have events this spring, such as Linkin It Up, that provide information on various social media and portfolio tools.
- Learn about careers where you are helping people or going international on our website.
We are in the office over break so schedule an appointment or come in, if you need assistance. We are NOT in the office Dec 23, Dec 26 and Jan 2. You can schedule an appointment online or by calling 303-492-6541. Any counselor can assist you.
Have a fantastic holiday!!!
University of Colorado at Boulder
Center for Community, N352
2249 Willard Loop Drive
Boulder, CO 80309-0133