Thinking about Peace Corps? What about Grad School? Why not BOTH?
Master’s International (MI) offers the unique opportunity to integrate a master’s degree with overseas service in a variety of fields at more than 80 academic institutions nationwide. Established in 1987, MI produces Peace Corps Volunteers with additional education and skills to serve overseas – and helps you earn your advanced degree along the way. As an MI student, you have an unparalleled opportunity to live and work overseas while completing a master’s degree in your field of interest. The benefits of the MI program can last a lifetime.
Many of our partner schools offer research or teaching assistantships, scholarships, or tuition waivers to Volunteers while serving in the Peace Corps – and all offer credit for service. The schools also dedicate talented faculty and staff members, who serve as ongoing resources throughout your academic and overseas experiences.
Some other benefits include:
- Language, cross-cultural, and technical training
- Transportation costs to and from the country of service
- Living and housing expenses during overseas service
- Medical and dental coverage
- Deferment and possible cancellation of certain government education loans
- Readjustment allowance upon completion of service
- Career counseling and job search facilities
CU-Boulder has four MI programs in the fields of Geography, Education, Environmental Studies, and Business Administration.
To learn more join us for a Peace Corps Masters International Info Session!
When: Mon, October 1st at 6pm
Where: Hellems 245
UMC 341 303-492-8454
Join our Facebook Group and follow us on Twitter!