The Keeping the Dream Alive Conference Committee is recruiting volunteers to plan and execute the October 2013 conference. If you are interested in helping undocumented students and their teachers/counselors/mentors learn to navigate the university system and you have knowledge or expertise in the areas listed below, they would love to have you get involved.
Because they are a working group, we ask for a commitment of approximately 4 hours a month (2 hours general and 2 hours involved in sub-committee). They also ask for participation at the conference. They are looking for both people to lead a subcommittee and for active members of sub-committees. Some sub-committees require active involvement during the earlier part of the planning stages and some during the later part.
Please contact Janice Downing at email@example.com to become involved. They will welcome all new volunteers at their next planning meeting on February 11, 2013 from 1 to 3 pm at Bruce Randolph School.
- Marketing/PR – graphic designers who can help with flyers, logo, PR people to help get the word out to appropriate audiences.
- Programming – responsible for deciding on break out sessions, finding and booking presenters and speakers
- Resources – research and update information for handouts and jump drives with accurate, state-specific resources for student scholarships, tuition fees, the DREAM Act, Deferred Action and additional resources
- Logistics – working with DU liaison & Conference Committee to plan parking, reservation system, food, break out rooms, schedule, and etc.
- Finance – management of funds from conference fees, bookkeeping
- Higher Education – people who work in higher education that can help outreach to faculty, staff & college students with expertise in supporting undocumented students.
- Diversity – Outreach to immigrant and key communities not currently represented in this work.