SUMMER 2013 RESEARCH INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION
Colorado Organization of Latina Opportunity and Reproductive Rights (COLOR)’s vision is a state in which Latinas and their families have the knowledge, freedom and power to access a full range of opportunities for the health of their body, mind and spirit. COLOR’s mission is to serve as a sisterhood of Latinas dedicated to building a movement of Latinas, their families and allies through leadership development, organizing and advocacy to create opportunities and achieve reproductive justice.
COLOR is seeking a research-oriented intern to work on a policy campaign during the summer of 2013. This exciting opportunity is to conduct research and outreach related activities in support of increasing access to contraception in Colorado. Activities could include, but are not limited to planning, organizing and supporting research and outreach activities, such as organizing stakeholder meetings, focus groups and conducting interviews related to increasing access to contraception; researching what other states have done around this important reproductive justice issue; and drafting blogs and other media oriented pieces to draw attention to our work through earned media, facebook, twitter, tumblr, and
any other outlet that becomes available.
Internship Skills Desired:
• A passion for social justice
• Strong commitment to reproductive justice
• Experience in research including focus group analysis, phone interviews,
understanding of polling, dissemination of research findings, and creating
solutions based on research findings
• Ability to work individually, in a group, and with youth
• Strong writing skills
• Familiarity with social media outlets, including Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr
• Willingness and flexibility to help out with unexpected projects that arise
• Ability to communicate effectively, written and verbal
• Comfort around sexual content, books, media and other materials
• Understanding of the Latino culture and political landscape
• Fluency in written and spoken Spanish, a plus
Hours and schedule to be determined based on intern and focus areas.
Cristina Aguilar, Deputy Director: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-393-0282.