Looking to get involved in politics, policy, grassroots organizing, or civic engagement?
Ready to use your brilliant ideas & bad jokes to make politics more fun?
Pumped to learn Colorado’s political processes soup to nuts?
Look no further, future intern! Apply today to get on the bus.
ABOUT US: New Era Colorado Foundation is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization reinventing
politics for the Millennial generation through innovative social & political action. We’re working
to build a hands-on democracy & a long-term bloc of engaged & educated young citizens across
the state through civic engagement, leadership development, & advocacy work. We’ve
registered & educated tens of thousands of young voters, & passed forward-thinking policies like
online voter registration & energy efficiency standards—all the while training the next generation
of community leaders. Using nontraditional tactics like roller skates, MTV Cribs-style videos of
candidates’ homes, robot costumes, & viral videos, we’ve making politics fun again while
changing our state for the better.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: Our spring & fall programs teach the tools of social change through
hands-on political & social engagement, & classroom sessions from seasoned politicos & New
Era staff. The spring program is focused on building grassroots campaigns that impact state- &
local-level policies affecting young people. Interns learn about Colorado’s political processes &
climate through weekly meetings/classroom sessions, on-the-ground engagement of their peers,
& serious quality time spent in Colorado’s Capitol.
WHAT TO EXPECT
• Gain skills through a mix of classroom sessions and hands-on field work
• Learn Colorado’s legislative and political systems soup to nuts
• Track, lobby for, and testify on legislation at the Colorado Capitol
• Use new media tools to get your voice heard and engage thousands of people
• Utilize both online and offline forms of outreach for grassroots action
• Learn from experts on how to lobby, run grassroots campaigns, & enact progressive
change on the state level
• Register Coloradans to vote, like a boss, & use grassroots tactics to turn them out
• Recruit and train volunteers to advocate for issues they care about
HOW TO APPLY: Download an application: http://www.neweracolorado.org/intern2014
Contact: Molly@NewEraColorado.org | 864.617.8827
The program starts late January/early February & most interns can receive course credit for participating