2014 BOULDER MLK DAY
Monday, January 20
11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Pearl St. Mall, Boulder County Courthouse
1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
CU Boulder, UMC Glenn Miller Ballroom
11am-12:30pm – Downtown Boulder Celebration (Pearl Street Mall in front of Boulder County Courthouse)
- Musical and spoken word entertainment outside on Pearl Street, participants are invited to stay for as long as they’d like.
- If you know any youth or CU students who are interested in performing (dancing, singing, slam poetry, etc), please have them contact Allison Bayley, Youth Opportunities Coordinator – City of Boulder, 303.441.4349, BayleyA@bouldercolorado.gov
12:30pm-1:00pm – March
- Leave Pearl St and walk to CU – University Memorial Center
1:00-4:00pm – Human Rights Fair at CU – UMC, Glenn Miller Ballroom
- Attendees will learn about different organizations and ways to volunteer. Activities for young children will be available.
2:15-3:45pm – Free performance & discussion of “Do You Know Who I Am?” – UMC, Glenn Miller Ballroom
- An autobiographical performance scripted by Kirsten Wilson of Motus Theater based on monologues written by Juan Juarez, Victor Galvan, Oscar Juarez, Ana Cristina Temu and Hugo Juarez. With original music by Carlos Heredia & Brian Mullins. Talkback with Immigrant Rights Attorney Laurel Herndon and the performers after the show. See this link for more information: http://www.timescall.com/entertainment/ci_24486414/five-boulder-county-residents-share-their-immigration-stories
• HUMAN RIGHTS FAIR
• CHILDREN’S ACTIVITIES
• “DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?”
FIVE BRAVE UNDOCUMENTED
YOUTH PERFORM THEIR STORIES
(Preview performance at the Main Library 1/9/2014 at 6:30 p.m.)