GLBTQ Resource Center is hiring an Office Coordinator & Receptionist!
This is a work-study position. The deadline for this application is Monday, Feb. 17th
Application Available here: Office Coordinator and Receptionist
To apply, please email the following to Scarlet.Bowen@colorado.edu by Monday, February 17, at noon:
- Résumé, including paid work and volunteer experience, group activities, community service, and other relevant training, knowledge, skills, and experience
- A one-page cover letter outlining why you are interested in the position and how you meet the necessary and helpful qualifications
- A list of three references, including their name, contact information, and their relationship to you
I. EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS
- Coordinator must be an enrolled UCB student (graduate or undergraduate) throughout duration of employment.
- This is a work study position. Candidate must qualify for work study through Financial Aid.
- The Director of the GLBTQ Resource Center supervises this position.
- The position requires 10-12 hours per week. Position will work both set and flexible hours. Some evening and weekend hours may occasionally be required.
- Two weeks notice is expected for resignation.
- Position must attend all staff meetings and trainings. Position may be required to attend trainings and staff development. Staff training and orientation may occur the week before school starts.
- 7. This position will start in February 2014 and will continue throughout the 2014-2015 academic year with time off during campus breaks and finals. You must reapply at the end of the 2014-2015 academic year if you wish to continue in the position the following academic year.
- Knowledge, understanding, and willingness to learn and educate about lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer, questioning and ally (GLBTQIA) issues and the multiple identities of the GLBTQIA community (race, ability, religion, etc)
- Knowledge, understanding, and willingness to learn and educate about social justice issues, including but not limited to: racism, sexism, homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, ablism, anti-Semitism, and classism
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Professionalism and reliability
- Organizational talent and experience, including attention to detail & multiple deadlines
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Willingness to learn, ask for assistance and work with groups of people
- 10. Proficiency with basic internet, email, and Microsoft Office programs
- Previous work and/or volunteer experience related to the position
- Involvement with GLBTQ community and/or other multicultural groups
- Alliance-building experience.
- Starting wages of $11/hour
- Gain experience with social justice, community building, communication, and organizational skills and a variety of job-specific skills
- Help create a safer environment for students at CU
- Fun, GLBTQ-friendly work environment!
To apply, please email the requested materials to Scarlet.Bowen@colorado.edu by Monday, February 17, by noon. Questions about the position or the GLBTQ Resource Center may be directed to Scarlet Bowen by email or by phone 303-492-2966.